Students who earn this degree will have completed the first two years of any four-year business degree offered at the NMSU Las Cruces campus. This program provides the basics in accounting and economics. Students should see an Academic Advisor for bachelor’s degree requirements. Students must meet the basic skills requirement in English and math and have sophomore status prior to admission to junior-level courses on the Las Cruces campus. Transfer students may take one semester upper division courses if they have 45 or more transfer credits. After that they must meet the basic skills requirements.
A Bachelor of Business Administration in General Business is available through the College of Distance Education from the Las Cruces campus. Some courses require a visit to the Las Cruces campus; however, most of the classes use electronic means for delivery. Contact email@example.com for more information about online degrees.
Note: Business course credits completed more than ten years prior to the degree application may be reviewed at the student’s request by the course department head and dean (or a designee) to determine their continued suitability to satisfy current degree, major and minor requirements and learning objectives.
Graduates of this program will:
- Communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Explain social responsibility and ethics as they apply to all business stakeholders.
- Explain relevant theories and principles associated within the business environment.
- Describe general business concepts in the functional areas of business.
- Analyze information using critical thinking and decision-making skills to make informed business decisions.
- Utilize business computer applications, and specifically spreadsheet and database software, for quantitative business analysis.
Career & Technology Division
New Mexico State University Alamogordo
2400 N. Scenic Drive
Alamogordo, NM 88310