The graphic design field is bursting with extremely diverse career possibilities that span all areas of industry including the New Mexico film industry. Today's graphic design courses reflect this new world of visual communication where talented graphic designers are now limited only by their imagination
The Associate of Applied Science in Graphic Design degree and certificate programs are designed to teach students the skills required for a career in the continually expanding graphic design industry. The courses required for this degree are both centered in business, marketing, digital art and technology. Students begin by learning the basic principles of art and design as they are training in the use of industry standard software to enhance their skills.
Graduates of this program will:
- Demonstrate competency in the use of Graphic Design software.
- Demonstrate competency in the design and production of promotional materials.
- Generate appropriate visual solutions based on target marketing information.
- Present ideas and concepts effectively and competently.
- Analyze and critically interpret design solutions.
- Visually demonstrate design solutions in a portfolio.
Arts and Sciences Division
New Mexico State University Alamogordo
2400 N. Scenic Drive
Alamogordo, NM 88310
Dr. David C. MacWilliams