The General Engineering program prepares the student for transfer to a four-year institution to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering. The first four semesters of classes are common throughout the various engineering fields. The student must work closely with a faculty advisor to select the best options for a successful transition to the four-year institution of his/her choice.
Graduates of this program will:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principals of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgements in varied context.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering insights to draw conclusions.
- Practice new techniques to solve engineering problems.
Career & Technology Division
New Mexico State University Alamogordo
2400 N. Scenic Drive
Alamogordo, NM 88310