The Digital Photographic Technology Certificate of Completion will prepare students to work in the photographic field. The courses required for the certificate provide a variety of necessary skills for photography enthusiasts. The primary focus is on training students in professional level digital photography and the use of Adobe Photoshop. The university has a professionally equipped photo studio that supports instruction in studio portraiture and product photography. Recipients of this certificate will be better prepared to seek positions in industry, business, or private enterprise, or to enhance an active amateur career.
Graduates of this program will:
- Demonstrate camera mastery.
- Demonstrate proper image adjustment and correction techniques.
- Practice effective composition techniques.
- Illustrate the principles of photographic lighting.
- Apply techniques for modifying light.
- Demonstrate image quality appropriate for a portfolio.
Arts and Sciences Division
New Mexico State University Alamogordo
2400 N. Scenic Drive
Alamogordo, NM 88310
Dr. David C. MacWilliams