MGMT 2110. Principles of Management
3 Credits (3)
An introduction to the basic theory of management including the functions of planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling; while considering management’s ethical and social responsibilities.
- Explain the major functions of management including planning, organizing, communications, controlling, motivating, leading, and staffing.
- Recognize major developments in the history of management thought.
- Describe the basic managerial processes including decision-making and other key skills necessary for managers to perform their roles.
- Identify an organization’s stakeholders and the importance of social and ethical responsibility of managers.
- Explain the formulation and implementation of strategic planning, including the relationship between goals, plans, vision statements, and mission statements.
- Describe the strategies managers use to help organizations adapt to changing internal and external environments.
- Explain organizational change, forces for change, sources of resistance to change, and the techniques managers can use to implement and facilitate change.