BUSA-BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (BUSA)
BUSA 1110. Intro to Business
3 Credits (3)
Fundamental concepts and terminology of business including areas such as management, marketing, accounting, economics, personnel, and finance; and the global environment in which they operate.
- Explain how business and entrepreneurship affect the quality of life and the world around us.
- Explain the characteristics of the different forms of business ownership.
- Perform basic stakeholder analysis concerning accountability, ethics and social responsibility of business.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the various dimensions of the business environment including political and legal, socio-
- cultural, environmental, diversity, economic, technological, and global.
- Describe the purpose and functions of finance, operations, marketing, management, accounting, and information systems.
- Demonstrate basic skills such as use of common business terminology, information search skills, presentation and writing skills, and team skills.