Master of Social Work/Master of Public Health - Dual Degree
The School of Social Work and the Department of Health Science offer a joint MSW/MPH degree program. The two degrees are:
- Master of Social Work (MSW) and
- Master of Public Health (MPH) in Community Health Education.
Students interested in pursuing the joint degree program must:
- Prepare and submit separate admissions applications to both programs
- Notify each program in writing of the intent to complete the joint degree program
- Be officially admitted to both degree programs
- Notify the NMSU Graduate School of the intent to complete the joint degree program
- Complete all course requirements for both degree programs
- Complete separate final examinations for both degree programs
If you are interested in pursuing this option please call and talk to the Graduate Program Coordinator. It is anticipated that students in this program will take three academic years to complete the joint MSW/MPH degree programs.