Master of Public Health/Master of Social Work - Dual Degree
The department of Public Health Sciences and the School of Social Work offer a dual MPH/MSW degree program. The two degrees are:
- Master of Public Health (MPH) in Community Health Education and
- Master of Social Work (MSW).
Student interested in pursuing the dual degree program must:
- Prepare and submit separate admissions applications to both programs
- Notify each program in writing of the intent to pursue the dual degree program
- Be officially admitted to both degree programs
- Notify the NMSU Graduate School of the intent to pursue the dual degree program
- Complete all course requirements
- Complete separate final examinations for both degree programs
If you are interested in pursuing this option please call and talk with the Dual Program Coordinator in the MPH program. The dual degree waives some courses from each program and students enrolled in this program should expect to complete the program in three years.