Counseling and Educational Psychology - Undergraduate Minor

A minor in Counseling and Educational Psychology (CEP) is available to the student receiving a bachelor’s degree from another department in the university. The minor in CEP is designed to be useful to the undergraduate who is preparing to enter one of the helping professions such as psychology, education, social work, criminal justice or nursing. A total of 18 credits is required to obtain the CEP minor, of which, at least 9 credits must be at 300 level or above. Contact the CEP office for more information on the minor application process.

The Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology offers three graduate programs leading to the degrees of Master of Arts, Specialist in Education, and Doctor of Philosophy. Students must be admitted by the department into a graduate program to earn a degree in

  • Clinical Mental Health Counseling (M.A.)
  • School Psychology (Ed.S.)
  • Counseling Psychology (Ph.D.)

Students interested in earning graduate degrees should consult the Graduate School Catalog for requirements and contact the CEP department for information on admissions and application requirements.

Select 18 credits of C EP electives from the following, with at least 9 credits of upper division (300 and above):18
Human Growth and Behavior3
Educational Psychology3
The Preschool Child3
Adolescence in School Settings3
Exploration of Counseling & Community Psychology3
Human Relations Training3
Sex Roles in Education3
Introduction of Mindfulness Practice3
Introduction to Counseling3
Addictions Prevention and Recovery3
Family Guidance3
Psychology, Multiculturalism and Counseling3
Independent Study1-6
Total Credits18