Business Administration (Marketing) - Doctor of Philosophy
Phone: (575) 646-3341
The College offers a program leading to a Ph.D. degree. The faculty of the PhD Program in Business Administration is committed to training researchers and educators who will shape business scholarship, practice and pedagogy. The program emphasizes preparing candidates to understand the complexities of modern business while they develop a specialized area of expertise in marketing or management. The PhD in Business Administration provides graduates with the opportunity to pursue a variety of career paths within academia and within industry. Currently concentrations are offered in management and marketing, and each admits students independently.
- demonstrate competency in statistics and research methods;
- complete studies in a major field of concentration chosen from the departments of management or marketing in the College of Business;
- complete studies in a minor field of concentration or interest area that supports the student’s research, teaching and/or career goals;
- pass qualifying and comprehensive exams; and
- complete and successfully defend a doctoral dissertation.