Plant and Environmental Science - Doctor of Philosophy
Qualifications for admission will be reviewed by the departmental graduate faculty. Applications should include a letter of interest. A 3.3 undergraduate grade-point average is needed for admission for Ph.D. studies. The department requires the GRE scores and three letters of recommendation, transcripts, as well as the student's letter of interest as an admission requirement. Acceptance requires that a graduate faculty member in the applicant’s area of interest accept the student into their program.
A student planning a program leading to a Ph.D. must satisfy one of the following departmental requirements approved by the doctoral committee:
- A thorough knowledge of a language other than English
- A reading ability in two foreign languages
- Reading ability in one foreign language and proficiency with a research tool
- Reading ability in one foreign language and one semester of supervised teaching experience
- Proficiency with a research tool and one semester of supervised teaching
- Two semesters of supervised teaching
A number of graduate assistantships are available each year. Inquiries should be addressed to the department.