BLAW-BUSINESS LAW (BLAW)
BLAW 2110. Business Law I
3 Credits (3)
Survey of the legal environment of business and common legal principles including: the sources of law, dispute resolution and the U.S. court systems, administrative law, tort law, contract law, agency and employment law, business structure and governance, ethics and corporate social responsibility. Explores sources of liability and presents strategies to minimize legal risk. Offered at all NMSU Community Colleges except Dona Ana Community College. Credit may not be earned in both BLAW 2110 and BLAW 317.
- Describe the sources of law.
- Describe and explain dispute resolution and the court systems in the United States.
- Describe the concepts of negligence, intentional torts and strict liability.
- Describe and apply the essential aspects of contracts from creation, performance, breach and remedies, including basic contract law from Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Explain the concept of ethics.