The Associate of Applied Science degree in Renewable Energy Systems Technology is designed for students who intend to enter the alternative energy career field.
The Photo Voltaic (PV) Entry Level Grid Tie Certificate is designed for students who intend to enter the alternative energy workforce or for home owners desiring to install their own residential PV systems.
The Advanced Renewable Energy Systems Certificate is designed for students who intend to become familiar with different aspects of the renewable energy industry. The certificate course work provides the fundamental knowledge of wind power, solar thermal hot water systems, building weatherization and auditing, and renewable energy system troubleshooting.
Graduates of this program will:
- Communicate clearly and accurately, verbally and written, information about Renewable Energy technology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of different methods of safe practices required by the national electric code NEC and/or appropriate personal protective equipment according to OSHA standards.
- Define basic terminology and identify key instruments necessary for measurement of energy generated and key instruments for troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Draw and prepare electric diagrams to assist in proper identification of systems including inputs and outputs.
- Identify major components of systems and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Demonstrate the ability to choose correct system and installation based on environment and customer requirements.
Career & Technology Division
New Mexico State University Alamogordo
2400 N. Scenic Drive
Alamogordo, NM 88310